Hearing Products in Kelowna
There are many styles of hearing aids available including behind the ear to invisible in the ear and our team can help you pick the style that is best for you. In addition to hearing aids we also offer assistive listening devices and hearing aid accessories which can further the functionality of your hearing aids. As the cost of hearing aids can be a concern we also offer payment plans to help you afford better hearing.
We can also make custom ear plugs which can protect your ear from potentially damages.
Types of Hearing Aids
There are many styles of hearing aids available each designed with their own purpose and can work for people with most types of hearing loss. The styles of hearing aids available are:
- Behind the Ear (BTE): They rest on the back part of the outer ear and are housed in a durable case. They are suitable for the widest range of hearing loss.
- Receiver in Canal (RIC): They are similar to BTE hearing aids, but it has a clear small that goes into the ear canal and are smaller than the BTE style. They are suitable for people with mild to moderately severe hearing loss.
- Receiver in the Ear (RITE): They are similar to RIC hearing aids, but the receiver sits just outside of the ear instead of being inside the canal. They are suitable for people with most levels of hearing loss.
- In the Ear (ITE): The hearing aid device fits inside the ear and no part of the device is outside of the ear. They are suitable for most levels of hearing loss.
- Completely in Canal (CIC): They are worn inside the ear canal and are almost invisible from outside the ear. They are suitable for people with mild to moderately severe hearing loss.
- Invisible in Canal (IIC): They are the smaller type of hearing aid and are worn deep in the ear canal being completely discreet. They are suitable for people with mild to moderate hearing loss.
Hearing Aid Accessories & Batteries
Hearing aid accessories and assistive listening devices are available to compliment the functionality of your hearing aids. The devices are made by the same manufacturer of your hearing aids and they have accessories like devices to pair with your TV, phone or to reduce background noise so you can listen to speakers that are further away.
Hearing aid batteries are an important part of hearing aid as they power the device. Most hearing aids will emit a sound indicating when to replace the batteries in the device. On average batteries can last anywhere from three to twenty-two days depending on the style and how often you wear the hearing aids.
Cost of Hearing Aids
The price of hearing aids will vary by thousands of dollars depending on the style, brand and level of technology inside the hearing aid. We understand that cost may be a concern when you go to purchase hearing aids so we also discounts, can assist with finding government funding and we offer payment plans.
We have various payment plans available which are offered in partnership with Desjardins.
Equal Payment Plans
0% Interest Plan
Custom Ear Plugs
Custom ear plugs are a great way to protect your ears from dangers that could cause hearing loss. They are custom to your ear to prevent gaps and provide a more comfortable feeling. The ear plugs can be made for sleeping, swimming, musicians and a general-noise reduction plug.